Thursday, January 8, 2009

When God Says No

So I was reading a devotion and I thought this so appropriate for my life right now.

Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty John 6:35

There are times when the one thing you want is the one thing you never get...
You pray and wait.
No answer.
You pray and wait.
May I ask a very important question? What if God says no?
What if the request is delayed or even denied? God says, "I've given you my grace, and that is enough," will you be content?

Content. That's the word. A state of heart in which you would be at peace if God gave you nothing more than He already has.

In the Grip of Grace

I still wonder why in the world He would have said no... But the only thing that gives me peace is knowing this......

"better is one day in your courts, better is one day in your house, better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere"

2 comments:

  1. great post! I really needed to read this today.

    Happy Friday My Friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pati!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am loving your daily photos! My fave is the one of your dog - oh my word is she adorable! I would want to hug her too!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram