Wednesday, January 28, 2009



Project 365, January 28, 2009



These are pictures of the bushes outside my house. We had an ice storm last night and it was followed up with a lot of snow today. It is so beautiful to just watch, but at the same time many people were hurt because of the storm.

These pictures are peaceful, and quiet. Jesus has been that peace in the storms of my life. When I step back from the pain and anguish, it is only then that the quiet overcomes me and I hear that still small voice, comforting me and prodding me to the place where I can again have hope.

I was sure by now, God, You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and
praise the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus: And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are no matter where I am and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand You never left my side and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when I stumbled in the wind You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again my strength is almost gone
how can I carry on if I can't find You and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God
who gives and takes away

Please be careful out there, better yet, just stay home and watch it from inside the window…that is in case you are like me and have absolutely no vacation time!!!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE this song!! We've had ice and "no" as Jaxon calls it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures. That song moves me. It reminds me to listen for Him.

    P.S. NLT - New Living Translation; not by harlequin!! (that's Amplified)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram