Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Are you there God, it's me Pati...


Project 365, Day 6, January 6, 2009


Do you remember that old book we passed around in Middle school by Judy Blume “Are you there God it’s me Margaret”. I do. I even remember wondering if He even knew I was there. If you have read any of my blog entries you will know that I seem to be going through a time in the wilderness, wondering where He is. I even promised myself and Him, that whether I felt it or not, I was going to continue on seeking Him, and let me feelings catch up.


Well, tonight I started going to a Beth Moore bible study on the book of Esther. This has always been my favorite book of the bible. I loved to read it because it is a story of a woman who was used in an amazing way by God to save His people.


However, until tonight I never realized that God was not mentioned anywhere in this book. I guess I always felt Him there as though he were carrying out the plan and using Esther, but it never says so. He was nowhere to be found on any of the pages.


Beth Moore asked if there was anyone out there who wanted a miracle and just did not get it, that felt that God was nowhere to be found, or that is going through a time of searching. Oh, was she speaking to me!


The point is that God was there, the bible says that ALL scripture is God Breathed so it came from Him. This book is a reminder that sometimes God does not step in and perform miracles, but that He is there in the midst using a woman, much like any one of us, with fears and insecurities, far from where she belongs to carry out His plan!


Ephesians 1:11 Even when we’re blind to the evidence, God works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will.


Isn’t it awesome to know that He is in there in the midst, even when we are as far away as we could be, that He will never leave us or forsake us?

1 comment:

  1. How is the bible study on Esther? We are hopefully starting the study at my church in March. I am really looking forward to working on that Bible study. Feel free to email me at mdp367@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram