Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let my love give you roots, and help you find your wings...


Project 365 February 3, 2009

Have you ever had one of those days that seems to be going along like any other normal day then you come upon something that changes your perspective on everything. That is what happened to me today. I was just looking at updates to blogs when I come upon my daughters, keep in mind 4 years ago I sent her to Indiana Weslyan, knowing that one day she would be back, at that time she would come home, get a job, find a husband, have my grandbabies, at which time I would promptly quit my job and babysit!
I can’t begin to explain the devastation I felt when I saw that Bethany is in touch with a recruiter in Atlanta. She has all this research on her blog about the hospital, and the area. I feel sick writing this right now! It isn't as though we have not talked about her experiencing different things. I guess in my mind, I always thought, when it came down to it, she would choose me.
Lucky for me she drove home tonight for a dentist appt in the morning. My chance to BEG her not to do this to me!!!
For 21 years I have prepared her for independence, to be socially and financially responsible. Why now am I thinking that should go out the window and she should stay here? She says she is just looking around, but I can feel her restlessness. Please pray that where God leads she will follow, and I will listen. Because I can't bear to lose her on my own.

Find Your Wings ~ Lyrics
It’s only for a moment you were mine to hold
The plans that Heaven has for you will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I pray for all that you might do
But most of all, I wanna know you’re walking in the truth
And if I never told you,
I want you to know,
That as I watch you grow
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things
I’m here for you whatever this life brings
So, let my love give you roots and help you find wings
May passion be the wind that leads you through your days
And may conviction keep you strong and guide you on your way
May there be many moments that make your life so sweet
Oh, but more than memories
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things
I’m here for you whatever this life brings
So, let my love give you roots and help you find wings
It’s not living
If you don’t reach for the sky
I’ll have tears as you take off
But, I’ll cheer as you fly
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things
I’m here for you, whatever this life brings
So, let my love give you roots and help you find your wings
Lyrics to Find Your Wings By
Mark Harris

3 comments:

  1. How dare you make me cry this early in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately praying for peace in this for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Probably one of the toughest parts of being a Mom. Letting go of our kids. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram