Monday, February 9, 2009

Did the world change..or did we?

Project 365, February 9, 2009

When did the world change… or did it? Growing up it was nothing for me in middle school to hop on the COTA bus and go to Westland mall or Central Point for an afternoon, with no money but the fair. I could entertain myself without money. But somewhere along the line things like that were just no longer acceptable. For instance, my daughter is in the 9th grade In High school. One Monday a month Joe is on duty during my Monday night hours at the scrapbook store. We talked about over Sunday dinner, discussed if it would be ok if Abby rode her bike to sectionals for band. We gave in.


Dad got up, pulled her bike off the rack, put air in the tires and felt it was road worthy. I told her to call me as soon as she got there, when she was done, and when she got home! Panicking all the way.


She calls me on her way home, and tells me her bike was broke, frantically I said “WHERE ARE YOU?”. She said in Hoover Crossing and I bolted out the door… hundreds of things going through my head like ‘what if someone asks her if she needs help’ ‘what would she say’. Praying that none of your children were walking the streets in the dark like mine when I was flying to get to her!! I came upon a girl carrying a bike down the street. In my gut I knew we should not have let it happen. The handlebars fell completely off!!

In my day, I would have just drug it home, and no one would have known any different. Or I would have knocked on someone’s door and asked for a wrench.


Yes the world has changed… I knew that when the fear jumped from my stomach to my throat to get to my little girl.


Psalm 5:11 (New International Version)
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram