Monday, February 2, 2009

I wanna be like Paul, because he wanted to be like Jesus....

I am continuing to listen to the New Testament on my IPOD each day. I am in Acts right now and have come to the conclusion that my life has been pretty easy. When I begin to dwell on all the crazy and tragic life altering events over the past several years, I want to crawl in a hole and just give up.

Now, once again, listening to the events that Paul, Silas and the other disciples endured, I become so ashamed of the pity I have placed on my life!!

I am amazed at the courage, strength and loyalty they had in their walks and the cause for Christ. How they were beaten so many times and thrown in jail, and yet they were still found to be singing hymns and praising God, even converting the prisoners and guards!!

I want my life to be a living testimony!!

Philippians 4:12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

1 Peter 3:15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

Romans 2:7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Romans 12:12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 15:4For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram